With modern technology’s quick accessibility to most online users all over the world, it is not new for us to hear crimes and other fraudulent activities done via internet. For sure, in one way or another, some of us or a family member has been a prey of these cyber crimes.
How can we prevent this from happening to us? Most of our activities nowadays do make use of web surfing like plain researching, looking for the best deals on online shopping or maybe you are planning your next holiday trip to escape the stressful life from work.
Let’s face it, almost all walks of life, whether you are a parent, an entrepreneur or a student looking for the best medical school for your intended career as an ultrasound technician in every aspect needs to transact business through the internet.
One of the most common forms of online activity that we cannot prevent is online banking or other forms of online payments. And it is for this reason that one must create a totally unique password for each of the varied online accounts that we hold. Here are some valuable tips for all online users for a safety online transaction:
1. Make sure you have different passwords for every online account you have like your email password should be entirely distinct from your other social networking and online banking accounts.
2. Use a combination of symbols, letters and numbers when creating a secured password.
3. Never give any important personal details like birth date when creating a password, since this can easily be guessed.
4. Secure the recovery options of your password setting in your computer and always update your account password for security measures.
5. Don’t give or store your password to anybody even to your family members. Your password is your personal account and nobody has the right to have access on it.
6. Be sure to come up with a personal question and an appropriate answer to it that only you can answer in the event the online system asks for security measures in cases you forgot your own password.
7. If you are always having difficulty in remembering your own password, write it down and make sure that piece of paper is kept in a secured place where nobody can easily get it.
8. When travelling be careful about using unsecured WiFi hotspots at places like cafes and hotels – they may not be safe. If you have to use these connections invest in something like the best VPN you can afford.
Creating a distinct and secured password is an effective way to safeguard all your online activities. Be on guard always and be safe. Keep a wary eye for any cyber criminals. Remember, no matter how protected or cautious we our on our online activities, these people will always look for the perfect time for their next victim.